Monday, March 16, 2009

Is kitsch the right word?

Andrew here. I'm going to take advantage of (abuse?) the new posting rights Sarah granted me on the team blog by sharing this mid-90's ad I found for the Daihatsu Hijet. As far as I'm concerned, it's always about quantity.

There's currently a question about whether our particular Hijet will meet the requirements put forth under the rally's new Ten-year Rule (in short, that cars must be less than 10 years old). We're waiting on a check of the original registration papers and then we'll know if we squeak in with it or not.

PS: The very first episode of MTV's show Pimp My Ride featured a Hijet. Procurement is left as an exercise for the reader.

1 comment:

sarah said...

I would also like to note that, in that Pimp My Ride, they managed to squeeze 17 inch rims onto the hijet. Think we can do it?